The field and subvention versus off camping
It is necessary to mention to off camping amateurs that the majority of Romanian fields benefit fromEuropean subvention. Through this subvention it is tried to stop the deterioration, as surface and quality of the fields utilizing rational methods of upkeeping and exploitation, which in the majority of cases, lead to limitations of the long stay turism.
“The permanent filds from outside cities , are terains consacrated to the production of grass and other herbaceous or spontaneous fodder plants, which were not part in the rotation system of the exploitation cultures, for 5 or more years” – I used a translated extract from the valuable article published in www.stiriagricole.ro.
The maintenance of the fields reffers to:
- The destruction of unwanted vegetation
- Leveling of mole burrows
- Removal of stones, stumps, shrubs
- Vegetal waste
- Romoval of excess water etc.
To understand the level of subvention received by a farmer we utilized extremely useful information presented by www.agrointel.ro and extracted a conclusion, the full article being available on the site.
“Subvention on 1 hectare of field can reach, in the happiest of scenarios, 637 Euro”.
We must present this information to be able to apply the “no traces” principles during tent or caravan camping.
Any cantitative or calitative degradation bring repercussions on the farmer and the health of the population.
- Calitative- in the case of chemical waste dumping on the field, these will go through the classic route:grass- animal – human. You will be the end receiver of the waste in the end.
- Cantitative- in the case of deterioration of the field, the farmer will get a reduced sum of subventionbut can also get a feein accordance with the active legislation.
- Open fire is a major dangerand can cause damage to the ownerthrough losing the production of hayand the loss of agricultural subventionand additional fees.”Farmers using arable land, including temporary meadows, must not burn stubble and / or crop residues resulting from crop harvesting (straw cereals strains, protein or potato plants, corn kernels, sunflower stalks, rapeseed) including the stubble or the grass left after the mowing of temporary meadows, “APIA said. Farmers who violate these requirements risk cutting 5% of the calculated amount,” going as far as exclusion from direct payment financial support”, concluded APIA, in a reply to ro.
A few useful principles:
- Asks the owner to approve if you plan to camp off camping on private property, talk to local officials if you intend to camp on a property of the state where you travel
- Pay the camping taxif the terrain is administered by someone
- Verify if it is premittedto build a fireor barbeque- use ground protection sheets placed on stones, so that there is direct contact and remember as the distance between the ground and the protection sheet shoulb be bigger to cut grass and soil destruction. Destruction leaves marks for a long time. Among the Romanians there is a saying, after the burning of the old grass, the new grass grows faster. It is only partly true because the grass first starts to grow faster on the heated soil, but then it grows slower because the fire destroys some of the nutritional value of the soil that gives it fertility
- Use only biodegradable detergentsand empty the rezidual water reservoirs only in specially indicated spacesor somewhere far away from water. Beware, not only the toilet solution is toxic but also the detergents and soap you use.
- Carry a shovel with you to bury any drift away from water courses if you’re in the off camping
- Use a dedicated tent carpet that allows the grass to breathe. Sprinkle the carpet periodically. If you stay for a longer period, it is advisable to move the caravan together with the carpet within the available space, helping the grass to regenerate with this change
- Do not wash the caravan in camping or off camping in any form, because on the outside surface there are deposits of toxins gathered from the road journeys. If you have the curiosity, wipe the outer surface with a white cotton cloth and you will find it darker and even if you wash the cloth, it will remain gray. Could it be debris from the ground left in the cloth?
- Do not maintain generator maintenance during holidays.
Text: Gabriel Vasilache
Photo: Marian Mocanu